Monday, October 7, 2013

Random Thoughts

Time Flies

I guess what they say is true.  Time does fly.  I swear there has been so much going on that it is hard for me to even keep track.  Well it has over 2 years since my accident/injury.  They say that you do the most healing and progressing the first 2 years.  Which is true but, I say I am a continued work in progress and I am healing every day.   I have come a super long way.  From being on my death bed to the person I am toay.  It has all been great.

It is actually great that I am part of this study.  At first, I was a little hesitant because it was HARD to go from a helper to a helpie.  That continues to be my biggest opstical.  But seeing my progression has actually been great.  Whenever my social worker comes to visit she has great news.  And, my case was a presentation in September for the hospital in New Orleans where they had a national TBI conference.  Only thing that has stil been bothering me is these damn headaches.  I feel like they are getting worse and more intense.  Like it hurts to even move my head side to side :S

Then there is my brother.  I swear it feels like he just left yesturday.  But, he has been gone for over a year and is married now.  He is in Texas emjoying and living the military life.  His wife is expecting their little baby J who will be here before we know it, and then there is Clarie.  His step-daughter.  Such a cute little thing.  Visiting and seeing her makes my miss my other neices like crazy.  I haven't seen them since June/July :S And , my oldest neice is back at school and this week will mark 6 weeks that she has been gone.

Speaking of 6 the little Prince will be 6 weeks this Wenesday and I havent even met him yet :S My guy best friend has been married for 6 months today.  He got married this year and so did Brandons other friend and my brother.  I swear it was a year full of marriages.  There were 3 weddings this year.  And so far there are 3 babies.  1 born and my brother's and a friend are expecting.  So that rounds up the 3.  Unless there is another person out there expecting and hasn't said anything.  Then there would be 3 expecting.  They say everything happens in 3's and so far it has been that way.   

Then this month is my birthday and I am not stating my age.  I just like to "think" I will be 27.  I believe once you reach 30 then you have to start counting backwards.  So you do the math :)  And, I already started my holiday list.  I know it is WAY early.  But, I am on a tight ASS budget so I have to think ahead.  It's hard to even believe that the holidays are here again.  In the next couple of months there is so much going on.  My birthday then halloween, my aunts birthday, my husbands birthday, veterans day that we have to observe now that my brother is in the military, then Thanksgiving, Chriastams and New Years.  A whole bunch of stuff.  So, I guess I have to just take it all in with a grain of salt and try to enjoy it all, as I will :S

1 comment:

  1. Blog is so damn long so you have click on it to be able to read it. Enjoy:0 It is just a bunch of my random thoughts of the time that has flown us by.

    ReplyDelete